What's Good About It
- It prevents the public display of disrespect to any particular individual or community.
- It promotes political correctness.
- Children are prevented from learning things that could harm them and others.
- It shields the morals of society.
- It restrains vulgarity and obscenity.
- The abundance of violence in music videos is restricted by it.
Why it Sucks
- Freedom of speech is compromised.
- It prevents ideas from flowing freely.
- Censorship in music and music videos may compromise their entertainment value.
- Creativity is restricted.
- If you hide something from people they will become extra curious about it.
- It has no place in a democratic nation.
- It is used to control people.
- There can be different standards of morals among different societies quite different from the imposed ones by the censorship.
- It may be used to block legitimate criticism.
- Governments should not control people. It should be the other way around.
- Individuals have different tastes.
- It stifles the opposition, broadcasting only a particular point of view.
- People have a right to hear.